- How far is Drumlin Villa from Faro Airport?
A 45 minute easy Motorway drive (about 60 km)
- Where is the Villa located?
The villa is located at Quinta Do Sobral, close to Castro Marim on the Eastern Algarve. You can find a map and driving directions on the location page, here.
- Can you recommend a Car Hire Company?
We use a company called Drive4Fun.
- What is the earliest time we can get into the villa?
4 pm. If we haven't had clients the week before, then an earlier check-in may be possible.
- We are arriving late to the villa, can you get some provisions in for us?
Yes of course – we can get water, milk, cheese, ham, eggs, bread, butter, crisps, fruit juice and either beer or wine. This is payable on arrival to the meet & greet team.
- What time do we have to leave the villa?
10 am. The cleaners start preparing the villa at 10 am for the next guests. We try to be more flexible when no guests are booked in that day.
Outside Pool Area
- Do you provide pool towels?
- How big is the swimming pool?
8m x 4 m. It is approximately 1m at the shallow end and 2m at the deep end.
- Do you have Sun loungers?
Yes, there are 8 loungers.
- Are they any restrictions regarding the Outside Pool area?
An 11 PM Curfew exists for LOUD music and outside Partying. Drumlin Villa is on a residential development and the other residents take the curfew extremely seriously.
- How many people can stay in the villa?
10 people maximum. In addition we can accomodate an infant in a cot or a young child on a camp bed.
- Do you have a hairdryer?
Yes, one hairdryer and one pair of straighteners.
- Are the rooms air-conditioned?
Yes, the living room and all of the bedrooms have air-conditioning units . There are also fans available at the Villa.
- Do you have internet access?
Yes, free unlimited wireless access.
- Do you have DVDs to watch?
Yes. A section, including some kids movies and cartoons.
- Do you UK TV channels?
Yes, we have BBC 1-4, ITV and C4.
Out and About
- Can you walk to a bar or restaurant?
It's about a 30 minute walk. The closest restaurants and bars are about a 5 minute drive away. There are a couple of good taxi drivers listed in the welcome pack who can assist.
- Are the supermarkets open on Sunday?
Yes – they are generally open from 9am until 8pm. Lidl in Vila Real de Santo António probably stays open latest.
- Can you walk to the beach?
You could, it's about 4.5 km, but we wouldn't advise it! The road doesn't have any footpaths. Much easier to jump in the car and drive down.
- Can you recommend some restaurants?
Yes, take a look in the 'Things to Do' section of the website or in the Welcome Pack on arrival.
- Do you accept Credit Card or Paypal payment?
We prefer payments for the villa are made by bank transfer. However, we have recently started accepting Credit Card payments (there is a small charge for this). We don't accept Paypal. Contact us and we can talk through the options.
- Do you take mid-week bookings in July and August?
Unfortunately not. Midweek bookings in high season tends to leave us with empty nights (and these months are our busiest). Therefore during July and August we only do changeovers on Saturday. Outside of July and August we are more flexible - just ask.
- Do you cater for young babies?
Absolutely, we provide a cot, high chair and video baby monitor
- Can we bring our Dog/Cat to the villa?
No, sorry. The Villa is a Pet free zone!
- Can we smoke in the villa?
No. If you need to smoke, please use the outside areas. Ashtrays are provided.
- Do you have an information pack with details of shops and restaurants etc. in the villa?
Yes, we do – it is very comprehensive and should tell you all you need to know.